This weekend in Austin, Texas was absolutely amazing. I always have heard the saying, “There is power in a team”, and this image shows that. This weekend I was at the Empower Network “Release Your Inner Bad A**” event and all I can say is, OMG!!
First, I have never met any of these people in person a day in my life, but the out pour of love and compassion was simply overwhelming. I was greeted with so much love and acceptance, I was moved to tears a few times. I masterminded with those that have been through struggle and trials, but managed to manifest a better life for themselves because of Empower Network.
Second, I have never seen company owners who are so invested in their leaders. They truly treat them like kings and queens. This creates a culture of leadership and development that is something that I have never seen before.
Prior to boarding the plane to Austin, I thought that this was going to be a typical business event. That was so far from the truth! I sat up until the wee hours of the night being encouraged, inspiring others, sharing goals and dreams, and having so much fun. When I heard the name of the event, “Release Your Inner Bad A**”, I didn’t know what to expect. It sounded like a WWF Live event :). But now I truly understand the concept behind the theme. Through all of the amazing testimonies, I realized that releasing your inner bad a** meant becoming the best you that you can be. It means taking your dreams out of your and putting them before you. It means being excited to BE YOURSELF It means doing all that you can to live your life, impact others, and start experiencing life instead of just existing in it.
Design Your Life,
Candace M. Braddock
I know that you have not heard from me lately. Many things have been happening in my life. I just moved and I am excited about the next 3 months.
I am packing (AGAIN) as we speak for my trip to Austin, TX.
This is the first time that I will be traveling alone in my life.
I didn’t want to go…
I am actually still afraid.
But one thing that I have learned over the years is that you have to do things, AFRAID.
I am going to a LIVE EVENT with my company.
I have been building my business online for the last 5 months and I have had moderate results.
And I think I know why…I was missing one last step that all of the multi-millionaire earners tell you to do…
I never went to an event…
So now I am going and I am excited!!!
I have a neat camera and I will be sharing all kinds of videos and pictures with you guys when I come back.
Until Next Time,
P.S. If you are interested in building a business, while having a life at the same time by blogging, CLICK HERE!
In everyday living it is important to practice the attitude of gratitude. Sometimes we are so overwhelmed with what is going wrong in our lives, that we lose appreciation for what is great in our lives. So what exactly is gratitude?
Gratitude is the act of being grateful, appreciative, and thankful…
I recently heard someone say, “Things happen for you, not to you. And everything that happens for you whether it is good or bad, you should be thankful for”. Wow!! That was truly a unique perspective for me to accept and digest. But what I noticed was that the more I looked at life through the lens of gratitude, I was able to manage my emotions and feeling better. It is challenging but definitely possible! Here are a few things that will encourage the attitude of gratitude.
- Remain Positive: I truly believe that our thoughts and feeling are controlled like a switch. You can turn them on and off. The difficult part is recognizing the switch and utilizing it. It takes much discipline to be positive. It takes no discipline whatsoever to be negative. The more disciplined that we are with our positive thoughts and actions. We will be able to make the “switch” whenever we feel negativity creeping in.
- Enjoy life: Often times we are just existing in life, and we don’t take the time to truly “smell the roses”. I know that it sounds cliché but it’s so true. Life is so beautiful and wonderful! But we forget because we are busy at work, with the kids, meetings, social media, emails, etc. All of these things distract us from all of the blessings that surround us every day. So to partake in this particular cliché is not wrong at all.
- Be Grateful for Yourself: We need to love ourselves more. And by this I do not mean from a position of vanity, but simple be thankful for who you are…flaws and all. There are things about you that are unique to you and because of that you are an asset to this world! So start being grateful for you being you!
- Keep a Gratitude Journal: Begin documenting all of the things that you are thankful for every day. By doing this you will allow yourself to seek out things to be grateful for throughout the day.
The New Attitude of Gratitude
Once we see life’s obstacles and trials as lesson to be learned we can start being grateful for them. Remember, things don’t happen to you they happen for you! I hope that you take these lessons learned and overwhelm yourself with the attitude of gratitude. Once you begin looking at life through this perspective, many other things will start to change positively by default. You will see a significant difference in your career, business, relationships, etc. Here’s to your success!
Good Morning Everyone!!
I hope everyone had a great weekend! Mine was filled with reflection, analyzing and planning. Since I have the moniker, The Life Architect, I should practice what I preach right? My main message is Design Your Life…Build Your Future. This is what I help people to do, all day every day. But I have a confession…I haven’t been following my own advice and message (yikes!). I have allowed life’s turns and twists sway me back and forth in different directions. It’s even evident in my blog posts! August and September has been a little hay wire, but I recognized it and now I am taking action and living a Designed Life. Now don’t get worried I will not be boring or unlike myself, I will simply have more structure. And structure is good!
For those of you who do not know, I am an entrepreneur, mother, life coach, social media strategist, etc. It seems like a lot but it only becomes overwhelming when I don’t have a system. I want to continue to provide all of you with quality content, so to do that my blog will be as follow:
- Thursdays-Health and Wellness
- Fridays-Personal Development
- Saturdays-Social Media
- Sundays-The Art of Blogging
I look forward to sharing my experience, expertise, and thoughts in all of these areas! I will be setting up an email list so that we can stay connected. I will be launching my website soon and I want you all to be apart of it!!
Design Your Life…Build Your Future!
Businesses have had websites for years. Now, more individuals are hosting their own ‘websites’, by having a blog. There are more than 17 million registered blogs, and more popping up daily. Here are 5 reasons having a blog is better than a website!
- Blogs are easy to set up! You can install a WordPress blog in merely minutes. You don’t have to be too technically savvy to get this done. You don’t have to worry about coding, and the core files are there for you. You can find ‘done for you designs’ which are called themes. There are tons of free ones! The WordPress dashboard is very user friendly. All you need to do is log in, add your content. It is very easy to manage your pages, categories, and comments. The blog platform does the technical work. You get to add your content and manage your site the way you want!
- Reader interaction! When someone visits your blog and has an opinion, they can share it through commenting. You’ll get to know frequent visitors, and respond to their comments. Those conversations can continue through comments or email. When you have comments on a particular topic, it makes other visitors stop to take notice of what’s going on at your blog! Encourage and welcome those comments!
- Blogs are more Search Engine Friendly than websites. When a blog is updated, the search engine bot will crawl your site to index your new content. With a blog, you have the ability to optimize your blog content. When you link your pages to each other, you give the search engine bot more options to crawl. This is especially helpful when targeting a specific keyword. You can install a plugin called ‘All In One SEO Pack’ to help with optimization.
- Blogs are more popular on social media sites than websites. Because our sense of community has evolved with the internet, readers are more likely to share your best content on social media sites. Readers interact with bloggers. Bloggers also interact with other bloggers and syndicate (share) content they find valuable. It’s very easy to install various plugins that make it easy for your reader to share your content to their favorite social media site!
- Readers can subscribe to blogs via RSS feed. RSS stands for ‘Real Simple Syndication’. When a reader subscribes to your RSS feed, your content is delivered directly to their email. They are among the first to know when you have new content, and visit your site as a result. With a website, there is rarely new content and there is no reason for the visitor to visit the site on a regular basis.
- Blogging helps with personal branding! When you have a blog, you can shine in your niche by providing content relevant to your target audience. You will be viewed as an authority figure in your niche by the content and knowledge you provide. The more questions you answer, the more you will brand yourself as a leader. Post content regularly and optimize them so that they are easily found by the search engines.
- You have complete control over your blog. You control everything – the look, the content, the hosting, when it’s updated – EVERYTHING! You can update your blog whenever you get ready. You can add or takeaway at your will. With a website, you don’t have that kind of freedom.
Having a blog offers incredible flexibility that a website does not. Start Your blog today!!!