Hello Everyone!! I am excited about sharing “A Word A Day” with you. I will be drawing these words from various sources. This morning I was reading an article on New York Times.com, and I found the word subdue. For the sake of this post I am going to use this specific definition:
” get on top of; deal with successfully”
I have seen the word subdue used in reference to excessive force by police officers, but I never seen the word used from this perspective before. So since it is a “new year”, let’s start to look at words from a new vantage point! I believe that it is time to SUBDUE our lives. Meaning, it is time to get on top of our goals, intentions, and plans AND deal with them successfully! I don’t know about you but there are somethings that I have allowed to inhibit me from subduing my destiny. Here are a few:
- Procrastination: I tend to over think things and that puts me in a state of “Paralysis of Analysis” and what happens is…I do nothing :(. I now know that in order for me to subdue my destiny, I have to let that ugly trait of being a procrastinator go. If you are like me, don’t worry about things being perfect, just do it! You will never know what to improve upon if you don’t put yourself out there and receive some criticism. It’s okay to let someone give you their opinion. Take the good with the bad and improve upon what you can. Failures expose greatness and create blueprints for what NOT to do.
- Stinking Thinking: “I don’t deserve success” “I am not worthy of greatness” Those are some examples of what I used to tell myself. Not because I had low self esteem, but because I felt like I always had to put others before myself and help others reach their goals FIRST. Now don’t get me wrong, you should want to help others…always. BUT if you have not followed your own advice and get yourself on track, how can you even help others? One thing that I have learned over the years is : “Inspiration comes from examples”. Being able to see the results of your advice as opposed to just the advice itself. So I had to learn not to be a “quote grabber” and start being a “quote liver” (I think I just made up a term…but you get the point :)…)
These are the two most detrimental aspects of my mindset that I had to get rid of in order to subdue my destiny, my passion, my future.
What are some of the things that are holding you back from subduing your destiny?
I hope that this post has helped you as much as it has helped me to be cathartic and share it with you!
Share your thoughts below!!
Design Your Life!
Candace M. Braddock
Have you ever heard people say, “You are doing too much”? I hear it all of the time. I am a victim of knowing how to do many things fairly well. Basically, I was the “Jane of All Trades, Master of Nothing”. If you are like I was, you get plagued with paralysis, meaning you want to do so many things you do NOTHING. I began thinking to myself, “Am I doing too much?” Through detailed reflection, I discovered that I needed to OMIT all of the things that were not bringing value to my life. This could mean monetary, spiritual, and/or healthy living contributions. This was difficult for me to do , but I realized that I spent too much time meeting about things that were never going to happen. I began to value OTHER people’s visions and dreams more than I did my own. Because of this, my goals and aspirations were being pushed off of MY To Do List. If you were like me I am going to give you one piece of advice and STOP!!! Oprah is one of my mentors from afar and she has her hands in EVERYTHING! How does she do it?
“Success comes when you surrender to that dream—and let it lead you to the next best place.”
When you surrender to your dreams, balance is key….
Everyone wants to be a mogul, but people forget that all moguls started at the bottom. They decided that they wanted to do something and then they mastered it. Once the first venture is mastered and put on autopilot, they decide to challenge themselves and master something else. Rinse and Repeat.
Here is my strategy for wanting to do it all:
- Breathe-relax. Take your time and assess everything that you are doing.
- Meditate-Some people call it prayer, others call it “quieting the mind”. Whatever you call it do it, for at least 15 minutes when you wake up and 15 minutes before you go to bed. You need to remind yourself of your purpose and of your greatness. You have to think positively about everything that you do and meditation is the best way to do this.
- Pick ONE thing-Focus on it, be passionate about it, and MASTER IT!!! Forget everything else. You cannot be great at multiple things at once unless they are mastered. This requires discipline because by nature we want to try the “next best thing”, but we shouldn’t do that until we know that without a doubt we gave the first venture our best. You’ll neve know how great you are if you keep starting something then moving to something else.
- Stick to a Theme: If you are interested in sports, have a blog and want to expand, look into having a sports internet radio station, incorporate sports videos into your blog, come out with a sports apparel line, and/or develop a sports drink. Notice, all of the aforementioned ventures are escalating in magnitude BUT the follow the same theme. It is confusing to people if one day you are talking about sports then the next day you are talking about self development., UNLESS you can strategically tie them into one another.
I have failed a lot in these areas, so I know a lot about what not to do. Once you have your balancing act in place you will see nothing but success. It took tons of discipline and self evaluation to follow these strategies but my life took a complete turn for the better once I did.
Do you think you can do it all?? If so share below!!!!
If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride – and never quit, you’ll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards.
One of the definitions in the dictionary for dedication reads: self sacrificing devotion. I believe that in order to gain success in life you must be dedicated. Some people are dedicated to being mediocre and not taking risks. I know because I was one of them. I would often pre-occupy myself with other people’s agendas and dreams. I didn’t think that my dreams were attainable. I didn’t think that I was worthy of accomplishing my goals. I have list after list, binder after binder of unfinished projects. It was easy for me to blame other people or lack of compensation but the true culprit was me. I was at complete fault. Why, you may ask? Because I was not dedicated.
Are You Dedicated?
Here are 3 Helpful Strategies that will allow you to become more dedicated.
- Identify Your Mission: You must know what it is that requires your dedication. What moves you? What are you passionate about? Pick one thing, and FOCUS.
- Become a Student: Think back to when we children in school, we were dedicated to excelling in school. We studied, listened, asked questions, took exams, asked more questions. If you want to become dedicated to a cause, business, relationship, etc., you have to be willing to learn, study, and master what ever your mission is.
- Focus Your Energy: Everything must be in alignement with your mission so that you can accomplish it. You must establish a clear path and sacrifice yourself in order to be devoted to your goal. This is so crucial! Do not let anyone or anything distract you from what you are focusing on.
We need to be dedicated to something meaningful in life. I believe that through dedication your purpose will be revealed.
Let’s work on becoming dedicated to something! Share with me what you are dedicated to in the comments section below.
“When you establish a destination by defining what you want, then take physical action by making choices that move you towards that destination, the possibility for success is limitless and arrival at the destination is inevitable.” ~Steve Mariboli~
Throughout my life I failed to have a clear, concise plan to achieve my goal. I start out with a vision and then I lose focus and pretty soon I am off doing something that has nothing to do with my initial vision. What a rat race! Am I the only one that has experienced this? Then before you know it weeks turn into months and months turn into years and we look back at our life and say, “What did I accomplish?”. The above quote is so profound. It is so important to promote our goals and wishes into accomplished missions.
Just think about the infamous “To Do List”, isn’t it great when we make one for the day and we get to cross of tasks as we complete them? So imagine if we wrote your goals and dreams down the same way we do for a to do list, and month by month and year by year we get to cross the off as complete. There would be more dream cars in the driveways of dream houses that we share with our dream partners. It may sound lofty but, is it really?
It starts with a plan…
We must take that list and devise a clear and concise plan or strategy that will allow us to achieve all that we set out to do. This takes discipline but it’s worth it. 95% of the work is the strategy, implementing is the easy part. You know how we get anxiety when we have to drive a far distance that we’ve never been to before? But if we are provided with clear, precise, and accurate direction, the trip is less threatening and we are more confident that we will get there with out getting lost. Life is the same way!
Let’s start today! Plan your day, week, and month. 2013 is going to be great as a result!
Good Morning Everyone!!
I hope everyone had a great weekend! Mine was filled with reflection, analyzing and planning. Since I have the moniker, The Life Architect, I should practice what I preach right? My main message is Design Your Life…Build Your Future. This is what I help people to do, all day every day. But I have a confession…I haven’t been following my own advice and message (yikes!). I have allowed life’s turns and twists sway me back and forth in different directions. It’s even evident in my blog posts! August and September has been a little hay wire, but I recognized it and now I am taking action and living a Designed Life. Now don’t get worried I will not be boring or unlike myself, I will simply have more structure. And structure is good!
For those of you who do not know, I am an entrepreneur, mother, life coach, social media strategist, etc. It seems like a lot but it only becomes overwhelming when I don’t have a system. I want to continue to provide all of you with quality content, so to do that my blog will be as follow:
- Thursdays-Health and Wellness
- Fridays-Personal Development
- Saturdays-Social Media
- Sundays-The Art of Blogging
I look forward to sharing my experience, expertise, and thoughts in all of these areas! I will be setting up an email list so that we can stay connected. I will be launching my website soon and I want you all to be apart of it!!
Design Your Life…Build Your Future!
We are all striving for a better life in whatever way we know how, but there are 3 critical steps in attaining your best life that don’t take rocket science.
As I reflect on the memory of 9/11, I become overwhelmed with gratitude and a renewed vigor for life. Sometimes we concentrate on all of things that are not perfect in life that we lose focus on all of the good things that are present in our life. It is in this state of reflection that can be the jump off point for us to take real action steps toward the life that has been calling all of us.
No matter where you are currently, most of us would say that there is room for improvement either financially, physically or spiritually. The following 3 steps will provide a system of attainment that will assist you in uncovering your best life:
3 Steps To Your Best Life:
- Identify and Define:Start a journal or utilize a journaling app and focus on these 5 areas of your life:
- Giving Back To The World ***Feel free to add other areas as you see fit.***
COMPLETE FOR EACH AREA:
In the first section: Write down a vision of what you want in that particular area (ex. Mindset/Health: Identify = I want to be physically fit. Define = 100 sit ups per day)
In the second section: Write down signs of your life right now in the present that prove to you that your goal is going to come to you easily. (Ex: I was born into a healthy body, and I am capable of exercising. I can currently do 10 sit ups) – Feel free to come back and add to this list until you reach your goal of 100 sit ups.
This is in alignment with the concept of acknowledging where you are and making a connection with your vision of the future.
- Think about and write down 5 things in your personal life that you are grateful for in last 24 hours.
- Think about and write down 5 things in your business/professional life that you are grateful for in the last 24 hours.
- Recognize the Negative Stories That You Tell Yourself and Get Rid of Them!
(ex. “You have to suffer for success”, “Money is evil”, “You have to have money in order to make money”, etc.)
We all have “stories” that we tell ourselves that subconsciously rule our decisions. That explains why we fail to do what we know intellectually is good for us. We often live our lives in a pattern, but most of us don’t recognize the pattern. The moment you begin to notice your pattern is the moment of clarity that brings forth further awakening and your evolution.
If you are ready to follow these 3 steps to your best life and develop your business and your life into what you desire… CLICK HERE
I just wanted to share the “buzz” with you that the gates are open for Ali Brown’s new THRIVE program, and you can get the full scoop in this final video of her new series: Click Here!
What is the Thrive program exactly? Well, Ali Brown has taken *everything* she’s learned from working with thousands of women entrepreneurs over the years, and put it into a solid, year-long program combining education, information, inspiration, and advice from Ali and her Elevate coaches.
It’s everything she knows women need to Thrive in their business!
You will get solid strategies on how to grow a moneymaking business you love, along with the chance to get your questions answered, combined with an active community of success-minded women from around the world.
It’s pretty impressive. I won’t take more time here though, because Video 4 in her series lays it all out for you HERE!.
By the way, Ali’s focus is on helping others, and so much you may not realize she herself has received big business honors such as Ernst & Young’s Winning Women Entrepreneurs, Forbes’ Women to Watch, Inc. 500, and more.
She walks her talk, so you don’t want to miss this special invitation. It won’t be available for long, and she’s throwing in over $4,200 worth of bonuses to help you boost your business. (And, if you act by MIDNIGHT TONIGHT, Monday, September 10, 2012, there’s an extra special surprise for you!): Click Now!
Even if you’re just curious, I’d take a look, because women of all backgrounds and all levels of business are getting results with her program.
The Life Architect
P.S. After the next few days, this won’t be available… Ali has made it clear she needs to close this out and get working with her new Thrive members. So do yourself a favor and at least take a peek at HERE!
to grow vigorously
to gain in wealth or possessions, prosper
to progress toward or realize a goal despite or because of circumstances
I read somewhere that September is the month of the harvest. Sounds exciting huh? The truth of the matter is if you have been sowing seeds of business, information, spirituality, kindness, etc., then this is your month! I like to think that I have been in the sowing stage for quite sometime. It is a difficult stage to endure. Many of you are probably just like me: you have invested money into your business, time into your relationship and effort into being a better person. Then what happens? You wait for sprouts of hope to manifest themselves and produce an abundance of change. This whole process is pretty profound but what’s next is even more amazing!
Get Ready To THRIVE
Because you were in a state of cultivating there are many things that go on behind the scenes that most are not aware of. Those around us may not see the efforts of our toil. Sometimes even we may not be aware of what is truly going on and how much impact we are on the verge of making.
When you thrive, you will experience an abundance of success in all facets of your life. It is important to stay grounded and focused during this time period. You want your “harvest” to be a calculated effort and you want to make sure you do not waste any of what you have reaped.
Identify what it is that you need in order to THRIVE. Document it in your journal. Later we will explore how to achieve those necessary components.
“Why is it taking so long?”
“When will it be my turn?”
“Is this really worth the wait?”
Have you found yourself asking any of these questions in regards to your business, relationships, and/or image? If you are anything like me you have. We live in a “Microwave Society”, where we want to be able to put forth minimal time and see exponential results. Too often terms such as, “Overnight Success and Instant Millionaire are used and they perpetuate the “Hourglass Syndrome”, as I like to call it. Instead of paying close attention to the process of whatever goal you want to achieve, we pay more attention to the clock. We put so many unnecessary deadlines on ourselves that we develop anxiety and stress, which can be creativity killers.
Be Patient With the Process
I want to encourage everyone to be patient and learn to become a student of whatever it is that you are trying to excel in. It could be a new hobby, a new relationship, a new business, etc. Enjoy the process of discovery and mastery. Know that it is important to have goals and deadlines with somethings but make sure they are appropriate and necessary.
Today’s Mission: Be patient with the process and don’t forget to learn the valuable lessons along the way.
I purposely refrained from posting a blog for 7 WHOLE DAYS!!! It was very difficult, to say the least. Blogging can be so very therapeutic but I didn’t want the theme of my blog to be a therapy session for myself. I had to ask myself, Why Am I Here? What is my purpose that goes beyond myself? Am I committed to that purpose? Is that commitment something that propels me into Massive Action…everyday?
I identified and committed to my newly discovered purpose. I am ready to take massive action! I will succeed and I will win!
So now it’s time for you, ask YOURSELF…Why Am I Here? And watch what happens, the outcome will astonish you!