“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” Marianne Williamson
This quote is pretty profound. If you are here today that means that you are here on PURPOSE! Make today count and give it your all!!!
Don’t Let what others say about you dictate what you do or who you are! Fail Your Way To the Top!
Design Your Life,
Candace M. Braddock
P.S. If you are interested in building a business, while having a life at the same time by blogging, CLICK HERE!
Hello Everyone!! I am excited about sharing “A Word A Day” with you. I will be drawing these words from various sources. This morning I was reading an article on New York Times.com, and I found the word subdue. For the sake of this post I am going to use this specific definition:
” get on top of; deal with successfully”
I have seen the word subdue used in reference to excessive force by police officers, but I never seen the word used from this perspective before. So since it is a “new year”, let’s start to look at words from a new vantage point! I believe that it is time to SUBDUE our lives. Meaning, it is time to get on top of our goals, intentions, and plans AND deal with them successfully! I don’t know about you but there are somethings that I have allowed to inhibit me from subduing my destiny. Here are a few:
- Procrastination: I tend to over think things and that puts me in a state of “Paralysis of Analysis” and what happens is…I do nothing :(. I now know that in order for me to subdue my destiny, I have to let that ugly trait of being a procrastinator go. If you are like me, don’t worry about things being perfect, just do it! You will never know what to improve upon if you don’t put yourself out there and receive some criticism. It’s okay to let someone give you their opinion. Take the good with the bad and improve upon what you can. Failures expose greatness and create blueprints for what NOT to do.
- Stinking Thinking: “I don’t deserve success” “I am not worthy of greatness” Those are some examples of what I used to tell myself. Not because I had low self esteem, but because I felt like I always had to put others before myself and help others reach their goals FIRST. Now don’t get me wrong, you should want to help others…always. BUT if you have not followed your own advice and get yourself on track, how can you even help others? One thing that I have learned over the years is : “Inspiration comes from examples”. Being able to see the results of your advice as opposed to just the advice itself. So I had to learn not to be a “quote grabber” and start being a “quote liver” (I think I just made up a term…but you get the point :)…)
These are the two most detrimental aspects of my mindset that I had to get rid of in order to subdue my destiny, my passion, my future.
What are some of the things that are holding you back from subduing your destiny?
I hope that this post has helped you as much as it has helped me to be cathartic and share it with you!
Share your thoughts below!!
Design Your Life!
Candace M. Braddock
In everyday living it is important to practice the attitude of gratitude. Sometimes we are so overwhelmed with what is going wrong in our lives, that we lose appreciation for what is great in our lives. So what exactly is gratitude?
Gratitude is the act of being grateful, appreciative, and thankful…
I recently heard someone say, “Things happen for you, not to you. And everything that happens for you whether it is good or bad, you should be thankful for”. Wow!! That was truly a unique perspective for me to accept and digest. But what I noticed was that the more I looked at life through the lens of gratitude, I was able to manage my emotions and feeling better. It is challenging but definitely possible! Here are a few things that will encourage the attitude of gratitude.
- Remain Positive: I truly believe that our thoughts and feeling are controlled like a switch. You can turn them on and off. The difficult part is recognizing the switch and utilizing it. It takes much discipline to be positive. It takes no discipline whatsoever to be negative. The more disciplined that we are with our positive thoughts and actions. We will be able to make the “switch” whenever we feel negativity creeping in.
- Enjoy life: Often times we are just existing in life, and we don’t take the time to truly “smell the roses”. I know that it sounds cliché but it’s so true. Life is so beautiful and wonderful! But we forget because we are busy at work, with the kids, meetings, social media, emails, etc. All of these things distract us from all of the blessings that surround us every day. So to partake in this particular cliché is not wrong at all.
- Be Grateful for Yourself: We need to love ourselves more. And by this I do not mean from a position of vanity, but simple be thankful for who you are…flaws and all. There are things about you that are unique to you and because of that you are an asset to this world! So start being grateful for you being you!
- Keep a Gratitude Journal: Begin documenting all of the things that you are thankful for every day. By doing this you will allow yourself to seek out things to be grateful for throughout the day.
The New Attitude of Gratitude
Once we see life’s obstacles and trials as lesson to be learned we can start being grateful for them. Remember, things don’t happen to you they happen for you! I hope that you take these lessons learned and overwhelm yourself with the attitude of gratitude. Once you begin looking at life through this perspective, many other things will start to change positively by default. You will see a significant difference in your career, business, relationships, etc. Here’s to your success!