Have you ever heard people say, “You are doing too much”? I hear it all of the time. I am a victim of knowing how to do many things fairly well. Basically, I was the “Jane of All Trades, Master of Nothing”. If you are like I was, you get plagued with paralysis, meaning you want to do so many things you do NOTHING. I began thinking to myself, “Am I doing too much?” Through detailed reflection, I discovered that I needed to OMIT all of the things that were not bringing value to my life. This could mean monetary, spiritual, and/or healthy living contributions. This was difficult for me to do , but I realized that I spent too much time meeting about things that were never going to happen. I began to value OTHER people’s visions and dreams more than I did my own. Because of this, my goals and aspirations were being pushed off of MY To Do List. If you were like me I am going to give you one piece of advice and STOP!!! Oprah is one of my mentors from afar and she has her hands in EVERYTHING! How does she do it?
“Success comes when you surrender to that dream—and let it lead you to the next best place.”
When you surrender to your dreams, balance is key….
Everyone wants to be a mogul, but people forget that all moguls started at the bottom. They decided that they wanted to do something and then they mastered it. Once the first venture is mastered and put on autopilot, they decide to challenge themselves and master something else. Rinse and Repeat.
Here is my strategy for wanting to do it all:
- Breathe-relax. Take your time and assess everything that you are doing.
- Meditate-Some people call it prayer, others call it “quieting the mind”. Whatever you call it do it, for at least 15 minutes when you wake up and 15 minutes before you go to bed. You need to remind yourself of your purpose and of your greatness. You have to think positively about everything that you do and meditation is the best way to do this.
- Pick ONE thing-Focus on it, be passionate about it, and MASTER IT!!! Forget everything else. You cannot be great at multiple things at once unless they are mastered. This requires discipline because by nature we want to try the “next best thing”, but we shouldn’t do that until we know that without a doubt we gave the first venture our best. You’ll neve know how great you are if you keep starting something then moving to something else.
- Stick to a Theme: If you are interested in sports, have a blog and want to expand, look into having a sports internet radio station, incorporate sports videos into your blog, come out with a sports apparel line, and/or develop a sports drink. Notice, all of the aforementioned ventures are escalating in magnitude BUT the follow the same theme. It is confusing to people if one day you are talking about sports then the next day you are talking about self development., UNLESS you can strategically tie them into one another.
I have failed a lot in these areas, so I know a lot about what not to do. Once you have your balancing act in place you will see nothing but success. It took tons of discipline and self evaluation to follow these strategies but my life took a complete turn for the better once I did.
Do you think you can do it all?? If so share below!!!!
If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride – and never quit, you’ll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards.
One of the definitions in the dictionary for dedication reads: self sacrificing devotion. I believe that in order to gain success in life you must be dedicated. Some people are dedicated to being mediocre and not taking risks. I know because I was one of them. I would often pre-occupy myself with other people’s agendas and dreams. I didn’t think that my dreams were attainable. I didn’t think that I was worthy of accomplishing my goals. I have list after list, binder after binder of unfinished projects. It was easy for me to blame other people or lack of compensation but the true culprit was me. I was at complete fault. Why, you may ask? Because I was not dedicated.
Are You Dedicated?
Here are 3 Helpful Strategies that will allow you to become more dedicated.
- Identify Your Mission: You must know what it is that requires your dedication. What moves you? What are you passionate about? Pick one thing, and FOCUS.
- Become a Student: Think back to when we children in school, we were dedicated to excelling in school. We studied, listened, asked questions, took exams, asked more questions. If you want to become dedicated to a cause, business, relationship, etc., you have to be willing to learn, study, and master what ever your mission is.
- Focus Your Energy: Everything must be in alignement with your mission so that you can accomplish it. You must establish a clear path and sacrifice yourself in order to be devoted to your goal. This is so crucial! Do not let anyone or anything distract you from what you are focusing on.
We need to be dedicated to something meaningful in life. I believe that through dedication your purpose will be revealed.
Let’s work on becoming dedicated to something! Share with me what you are dedicated to in the comments section below.
Good Morning Everyone!!
I hope everyone had a great weekend! Mine was filled with reflection, analyzing and planning. Since I have the moniker, The Life Architect, I should practice what I preach right? My main message is Design Your Life…Build Your Future. This is what I help people to do, all day every day. But I have a confession…I haven’t been following my own advice and message (yikes!). I have allowed life’s turns and twists sway me back and forth in different directions. It’s even evident in my blog posts! August and September has been a little hay wire, but I recognized it and now I am taking action and living a Designed Life. Now don’t get worried I will not be boring or unlike myself, I will simply have more structure. And structure is good!
For those of you who do not know, I am an entrepreneur, mother, life coach, social media strategist, etc. It seems like a lot but it only becomes overwhelming when I don’t have a system. I want to continue to provide all of you with quality content, so to do that my blog will be as follow:
- Thursdays-Health and Wellness
- Fridays-Personal Development
- Saturdays-Social Media
- Sundays-The Art of Blogging
I look forward to sharing my experience, expertise, and thoughts in all of these areas! I will be setting up an email list so that we can stay connected. I will be launching my website soon and I want you all to be apart of it!!
Design Your Life…Build Your Future!
We are all striving for a better life in whatever way we know how, but there are 3 critical steps in attaining your best life that don’t take rocket science.
As I reflect on the memory of 9/11, I become overwhelmed with gratitude and a renewed vigor for life. Sometimes we concentrate on all of things that are not perfect in life that we lose focus on all of the good things that are present in our life. It is in this state of reflection that can be the jump off point for us to take real action steps toward the life that has been calling all of us.
No matter where you are currently, most of us would say that there is room for improvement either financially, physically or spiritually. The following 3 steps will provide a system of attainment that will assist you in uncovering your best life:
3 Steps To Your Best Life:
- Identify and Define:Start a journal or utilize a journaling app and focus on these 5 areas of your life:
- Giving Back To The World ***Feel free to add other areas as you see fit.***
COMPLETE FOR EACH AREA:
In the first section: Write down a vision of what you want in that particular area (ex. Mindset/Health: Identify = I want to be physically fit. Define = 100 sit ups per day)
In the second section: Write down signs of your life right now in the present that prove to you that your goal is going to come to you easily. (Ex: I was born into a healthy body, and I am capable of exercising. I can currently do 10 sit ups) – Feel free to come back and add to this list until you reach your goal of 100 sit ups.
This is in alignment with the concept of acknowledging where you are and making a connection with your vision of the future.
- Think about and write down 5 things in your personal life that you are grateful for in last 24 hours.
- Think about and write down 5 things in your business/professional life that you are grateful for in the last 24 hours.
- Recognize the Negative Stories That You Tell Yourself and Get Rid of Them!
(ex. “You have to suffer for success”, “Money is evil”, “You have to have money in order to make money”, etc.)
We all have “stories” that we tell ourselves that subconsciously rule our decisions. That explains why we fail to do what we know intellectually is good for us. We often live our lives in a pattern, but most of us don’t recognize the pattern. The moment you begin to notice your pattern is the moment of clarity that brings forth further awakening and your evolution.
If you are ready to follow these 3 steps to your best life and develop your business and your life into what you desire… CLICK HERE
I purposely refrained from posting a blog for 7 WHOLE DAYS!!! It was very difficult, to say the least. Blogging can be so very therapeutic but I didn’t want the theme of my blog to be a therapy session for myself. I had to ask myself, Why Am I Here? What is my purpose that goes beyond myself? Am I committed to that purpose? Is that commitment something that propels me into Massive Action…everyday?
I identified and committed to my newly discovered purpose. I am ready to take massive action! I will succeed and I will win!
So now it’s time for you, ask YOURSELF…Why Am I Here? And watch what happens, the outcome will astonish you!
How many of us would like to be an expert? Most of us I’m sure. However, it’s almost impossible to become an expert at anything if you are focused on everything. Here are some steps that will guide you down the road towards becoming an expert:
- Focus: Choose on ONE area of expertise.
- Research: Read books, blogs, magazines, etc., on your chosen topic.
- Study: Become a true student. Align yourself with a mentor and ask for advice
- Obsession: If you truly want to be an expert you can not be distracted by anything else. Become a fanatic.
- Teach and Repeat: Once you become an expert, teach what you have learned and repeat the process. Create apprentices to continue the movement.
Share with me your comments and ways that you mastered your craft!
- Identify Your Goals: They need to be specific, realistic, relevant, and have a target date
- Develop A Mission Statement: This is a detailed action statement as to how you are going to achieve your goals
- Train Your Mind: Buy books, watch videos, listen to audio, and attend seminars that will help you guide your mind towards your goals.
“Once your mind expands, it can never go back to it’s original state.”
The more tranquil a man becomes, the greater is his success, his influence, his power for good. Calmness of mind is one of the beautiful jewels of wisdom.
– James Allen
Are you at peace? Are you willing to quiet the noise of your mind and focus on what is positive and calm?
This weekend I want us all to practice “quieting” our thoughts. Let’s track our success and experience! I look forward to catching up with you all on Monday! #GodIsGreat #DesignYourLife
To direct toward a particular point or purpose.
How many of you find it hard to focus? I certainly do! I find it difficult to focus on priorities and things of importance. I never knew why until just recently. The reason why I couldn’t focus on the things that matter most is because those things required the MOST focus. To be focused requires discipline and discipline is something that you have to consciously accept and execute. You must evaluate what is important and what is not and the aggressively focus on what is important.
So how does one focus? You must direct all thoughts and actions into the task at hand. It is impossible for us to focus on more than one things at a time. Just think about it. A GPS cannot direct you to a certain destination, while calculating a future destination. The system will continue to guide you until you reach the said location. Now, YOU may stop the GPS and input another destination and at that point the GPS will recalculate your trip and FOCUS on getting you to the new destination.
You must see your brain or consciousness as a GPS of your life. Focus on one destination at a time. Complete your goals (trips) and then move on to the next. If not, you will find yourself riding through life without getting anything accomplished